29/06/2018 – Update to original Event Advice issued 21 September 2017, 22 November 2017 and 27 November 2017.
On Tuesday 28 June 2018 Mt Agung began to emit a plume of volcanic ash reaching up to two kilometres.
As a result, Denpasar International Airport has been closed with flights departing and arriving into Bali being cancelled.
We are closely monitoring the progress of the volcanic activity of Mt Agung in Bali. The National Disaster Mitigation Agency advises the volcano’s alert status remains at the second-highest level. Further event advices will be available as this information changes.
Flights have been cancelled and delayed by many airlines. Disruptions to flights are expected over the coming days. Please review your airline’s flight status and travel alert pages directly for more information.
Please stay up to date with the advice issued by DFAT at http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
Policy Coverage relating to Volcanic Activity Mt Agung, Bali
The below information was issued on 29 June 2018 and applies to your Woolworths Travel Insurance, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a Natural Disaster under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 4:00pm AEDT 20 September 2017.
For policies issued prior to 4:00pm AEDT 20 September 2017
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
Note that there is no cover for trip cancellation under any policy type.
For policies issued after 4:00pm AEDT 20 September 2017
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. You are covered for other claims that are not related to this event.
Making a claim
• The Woolworths Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.woolworthstravelinsurance.com.au/product-disclosure-statement/
• Should you need to make a claim you can access the claims forms via https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/travel-insurance/make-a-claim.html
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on 1300 10 1234.
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy . We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.