Updated on 13th January 2020 <br/> <br/> The Philippine airport authority on Sunday suspended flights at Manila’s international airport after a volcano in nearby Batangas province spewed a giant plume of ash. Passengers have been advised to coordinate with their respective airlines for details on flight schedules. <br/> <br/> Policy Coverage <br/> <br/> The below information was issued on 13th January 2020 and applies to your Woolworths Travel Insurance, underwritten by Hollard. <br/> <br/> This event constitutes a natural disaster event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 3:00am AEDT 13 January 2020. <br/> <br/> For policies issued prior to 3:00am AEDT 13 January 2020 <br/> <br/> You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions): <br/> <br/> • Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only) <br/> <br/> Note there is no cover for the above benefits unless your travel has been directly affected by the volcanic eruption. <br/> <br/> For policies issued after 3:00am AEDT 13 January 2020 <br/> <br/> There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. There is provision for cover for other claims that are not related to this event subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, benefit exclusions and general exclusions. <br/> <br/> Making a claim <br/> <br/> TIPS: <br/> <br/> • If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Woolworths Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.woolworthstravelinsurance.com.au/product-disclosure-statement/ <br/> <br/> If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on 1300 10 1234. <br/> <br/> Remember: <br/> <br/> • Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts. <br/> <br/> General Advice <br/> <br/> For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy. <br/> <br/> We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.