Woolworths Travel Insurance Event Advice
Volcanic Activity Mt Sinabung, Indonesia
21 February 2018
We are closely monitoring the progress of the volcanic activity of Mt Sinabung in Indonesia.
The National Disaster Mitigation Agency advises the volcanic activity is expected to continue for some time. Further event advice will be available as this information changes.
If you are in Indonesia and need emergency assistance call us on +61 2 9333 3903.
The flight warning around Mount Sinabung has been raised to the highest level by Indonesian authorities. Flights have not been cancelled or delayed by the event, but this can change quickly.
Please view your flight provider’s website for their updates.
DFAT have not provided advice on travelling to Indonesia at this time. Please stay up to date with the advice issued by DFAT at http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
The below information was issued on 21 February 2018 and applies to your Woolworths Travel Insurance, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a natural disaster event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 8:55pm AEDT 19 February 2018.
For policies issued prior to 8:55pm AEDT 19 February 2018
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
Note that there is no cover for trip cancellation under any policy type.
For policies issued after 8:55pm AEDT 19 February 2018
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. You are covered for other claims that are not related to this event.
Making a claim
TIPS: • whether your policy was issued If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Woolworths Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.woolworthstravelinsurance.com.au/product-disclosure-statement/
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on 1300 10 1234
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance.
Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.