This advice applies to Customers who are affected by the 6.1 magnitude earthquake which occurred on Luzon, Philippines at 5:11pm local time on 22/04/2019 (7:11pm AEST)
If you are in The Philippines and need emergency assistance call us on +61288837079 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Media reports are advising that 8 people have died, and 20 people have been injured in the earthquake following the collapse of a commercial building.
The earthquake has caused disruption to air, rail and road transport and caused damage to buildings and infrastructure.
DFAT have not issued a warning at this time. Please stay up to date with the advice issued by DFAT at https://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/asia/south-east/Pages/philippines.aspx
The below information was issued on 23 April 2019 and applies to your Woolworths Travel Insurance, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a natural disaster event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 07:11pm AEST 22 April 2019.
For policies issued prior to 07:11pm 22 April 2019
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 3: Cancellation fees and lost deposits
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
There is no cover for Section 3: Cancellation fees and lost deposits or Section 4: Additional expenses unless your travel has been directly affected by the earthquake.
For policies issued after 07:11pm 22 April 2019
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. You are covered for other claims that are not related to this event.
Making a claim
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on 1300 10 1234
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
• If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Woolworths Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.woolworthstravelinsurance.com.au/product-disclosure-statement/
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.